Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 797 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
I have Buttons seperated but she won't eat or drink 😟 I forced her beak tip into bowl to get her to have a drop of vitamin water but she just refuses. I don't know what's going on with her 😟 Something must have happened to her while out foraging, maybe it was both roos trying to jump on her and she got injured 🤔
I have plenty of hens to roosters, 16 hens and 3 boys (excl chicks). Often I find the hens hiding in the coop so maybe the 2 young boys keep chasing them and stressing them out. I know if I seperate a boy now they won't integrate back into the flock without major fighting which is not something I want.
Might be shock, I’d let her have some quiet time and see how she seems tomorrow. Young boys can be tough and clueless and silkies are rather fragile sometimes! :-(

Might be shock, I’d let her have some quiet time and see how she seems tomorrow. Young boys can be tough and clueless and silkies are rather fragile sometimes! :-(
Yeah my lil Bambi has been the target here lately...poor lil thing just screams and then runs away. I knock em off...and Bluey is the best lil cockrel ever! He comes to he rescue of em almost everytime! He just is a big tender foot.. lolol those feathers!
His comb isn't right color and has vulture hocks but he has a dream come true personality for a flock of pets and kids!!!

Attachments

• 20220808_100959.jpg
    20220808_100959.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 20220808_100812(0).jpg
    20220808_100812(0).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
Hey what do yall think bout these 2 Silkies...both girls right? Only one I'm questioning a little lately is the splash...few odd feathers coming in and wanted to see if yall thought streamers.
Then the paint Satin...are those paint spots dark enough to be black? I know @LadiesAndJane has a blue paint and wanted to clarify before trying to sell this girlee!

Hey what do yall think bout these 2 Silkies...both girls right? Only one I'm questioning a little lately is the splash...few odd feathers coming in and wanted to see if yall thought streamers.
Then the paint Satin...are those paint spots dark enough to be black? I know @LadiesAndJane has a blue paint and wanted to clarify before trying to sell this girlee!
Your splash looks like a girl to me! Looks just like Sia ❤️ But I’m in love with your paint satin 🥰🥰🥰 she’s gorgeous!!!

Your splash looks like a girl to me! Looks just like Sia ❤️ But I’m in love with your paint satin 🥰🥰🥰 she’s gorgeous!!!
Oh good...I know silkies can be tricky lil boogers lol!
Yeah I luv her too...always wanted one but I seriously am out of room and the babies ain't even all out there yet!!!
Oh would u consider her a black paint or blue paint?
Oh me

Oh good...I know silkies can be tricky lil boogers lol!
Yeah I luv her too...always wanted one but I seriously am out of room and the babies ain't even all out there yet!!!
Oh would u consider her a black paint or blue paint?
Oh me
Black paint, but I defer to @LadiesAndJane on this one :)

Also your plump little d’Uccles in the video 😍 She’s adorable 🥰

Ok...I wasn't sure since some of her "spots" are so light!
Yeah 2 of the 3 d'uccles are layin now! And they are all so fiesty!! They definitely bring a personality to the flock!

They are all so gorgeous!😍
Splash looks female. Pullets can have what appear to be streamers while their crest is growing in but they never get as long as a cockerel’s will.🙂
Photo of 4 and a half month old Kai, a pullet, to illustrate:
55ED60BA-A744-4FC7-8F02-4613EF131775.jpeg

Wow I really need to catch up on this thread!🤣

I think I’m about 50 pages behind!

Anyway to answer the question this one looks like a blue paint to me.😊

Last edited:
Splash looks female. Pullets can have what appear to be streamers while their crest is growing in but they never get as long as a cockerel’s will.🙂
Photo of 4 and a half month old Kai, a pullet, to illustrate:View attachment 3331099

See! This is why I defer to you! 😆

Photo of 4 and a half month old Kai, a pullet, to illustrate:View attachment 3331099

Lol I hear ya...some threads go faster than others!
So is it a chance she'll darken up over time or you think list her as a blue paint?

Back
Top Bottom