Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
I have two newly hatched chicks that are as chocolate as chocolate can be (color wise), in addition they are both partridge or have the markings.. Will take pics when mom brings them out of the nest. Any ideas on what color they will be?
BTW these chicks are from this flock.. View attachment 3474345Sioux did all the heavy lifting. What I got a peek of today..
Awe they are precious! So glad u have several that are such good lil momas!!!

So happy to say I am no longer silkie-less! These are my two gorgeous new boys 🥰 Now to find them some girls... 😁
20230422_175304~2.jpg
20230422_175239~2.jpg

Well Well well, finally got a head count.. 16 chicks, no spoiled eggs, no leftover unhatched eggs. Sioux has set a new record around here. Look at the little chocolate drop in the middle of the first pic..
20230422_101214.jpg
All but 2 chicks were black/blue or partridge. I got two chocolate drop chicks with partridge markings out of this crew. Chicks are F2s and F3s. Any clue as to what the Hershey's Kisses might be when they grow up?
DSC_0040.JPG

I'm seriously thinking about changing the farm name from Fort McCluck to Butts and Bonnets! I'm getting more and more babies with the fluffy butts and head dresses now.. @Gammas Bearded Babies the first guy (F2) is all grown up now.. I've got 8 eggs in the incubator from him and I'm Blue Too.
DSC_0271.JPG
The rest are the first hatch from Little Boy Blue and his wives. They are 5 1/2 weeks old now.
20230422_135306.jpg
20230422_140156.jpg
Can't believe I got 3 that look just like silkies. The one in the center is a pure silkie given to me at the time these hatched. The 2 blues and one in the box are all F1s
20230422_140956.jpg

I'm seriously thinking about changing the farm name from Fort McCluck to Butts and Bonnets! I'm getting more and more babies with the fluffy butts and head dresses now.. @Gammas Bearded Babies the first guy (F2) is all grown up now.. I've got 8 eggs in the incubator from him and I'm Blue Too.View attachment 3477361 The rest are the first hatch from Little Boy Blue and his wives. They are 5 1/2 weeks old now.View attachment 3477369View attachment 3477375 Can't believe I got 3 that look just like silkies. The one in the center is a pure silkie given to me at the time these hatched. The 2 blues and one in the box are all F1sView attachment 3477382
Very nice!!! U r definitely on a roll!

My rooster Popcorn is not bearded is he? So doesn't produce the full fluffy crested babies but instead clean face / non bearded? .. I'm so silly I sold my beautiful fluffy cockerel Pumpkin 😩 surely he would have produced better fluffy crested bearded offspring 🤔

Popcorn..
View attachment 3477866View attachment 3477867

..Pumpkin ...
View attachment 3477868
Personally I like Pumkin better, but a lot has to do with the hens too. Poof Poof really stuck some fluff and beards on her babies.

I candled eggs my turkey is sitting on. there is at least 1 silkie. rats destroyed at least 9 eggs first night. they all but 1 were developing. if I remember well I put other 3 freshly laid silkie eggs when I cleaned the nest on day 2.
Ugh! Rats at the new place?!
Awe man I'm sorry!

Back
Top Bottom