silkies- they always keep you guessing...pullet or cockerel?

melloladies

Songster
9 Years
Apr 28, 2010
Merritt Island
This is Pickle
love.gif

Hatched 4/30 so 4.5 months old +
I've been thinking pullet (breeder has also given me her opinion, but not recently) but I'm just a nervous chicken momma. I've only raised two chicky babies from eggs, and this sweet little one is one of them- so even if "she" is a he... I'll most likely be trying my darndest to keep him- provided he behaves himself. But I'm REALLY hoping little pickle puffle pants is a girl
big_smile.png

front view
55769_pickle_puff.jpg

side view
55769_pickle_45_months.jpg

with buddy, Claire bear
55769_pickle_and_claire.jpg

Pickle is so much more "shapey" than Claire- she just looks like a little round puff- so the differences in body shape/crest size have me wondering. It could just be age though.... Claire is over a year old- and she still had a crest full of pin feathers
roll.png

Thanks in advance for your opinions!!!

such quick replies!! And from such great people!! Thank you very much
smile.png

I'm glad to see everyone agrees so far. Tiny comb- about the size of my pinky finger pad- no color to it. I wasn't sure when those pesky streamers would show up, if they were going to.

Last edited:
Quote:
I don't think you'll have to worry about any pesky little steamers on this one
smile.png
I love my silkies, but the wait of sexing drives me insane!

I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to be a silkie breeder!! Waiting and waiting ALL THE TIME!!! It was hard enough with my two! Pickle was my only hatch out of a dozen eggs, so I feel VERY lucky that she's lookin' like a she
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom