Silkies week by week pictures

@LynnaePB any guesses on Snuggle? Maybe you’re seeing something I’m ignoring? I am still hoping he’s a she since my son loves him so much.

I'm uncertain but still leaning towards male. There aren't any obvious streamers but some of the feathers coming in do look a lot like the start of streamers to me. I could definitely be wrong though, it can be really hard to tell the difference between streamers coming in and a crest just growing in more. I'm hoping I'm wrong and Snuggle is a little pullet though! :fl

I'm uncertain but still leaning towards male. There aren't any obvious streamers but some of the feathers coming in do look a lot like the start of streamers to me. I could definitely be wrong though, it can be really hard to tell the difference between streamers coming in and a crest just growing in more. I'm hoping I'm wrong and Snuggle is a little pullet though! :fl
Thank you. I see the same feathers and thought the same things. But he is so slow to develop compared to the rest. The girls already have a full crest and the boys have their streamers already. His comb is also really small compared to the black showgirl. I hope I’m wrong as well though and he turns out to be a she.

Week 15 Snuggle
DAC0331B-56AF-43DA-A54A-787FF7BC30D9.jpeg
1F022BF6-4CE0-45FB-B1D3-3C58784333C0.jpeg
E67F6025-627C-46E1-91BC-5B72D8B88D38.jpeg
2678C32B-B137-40C5-B684-A1E69105C627.jpeg
97EA65DE-36E3-4C41-912A-40018ADCFA10.jpeg
F5A7F205-106D-4CB8-8E89-6B8DB4DBA837.jpeg

Attachments

• 2B8BC879-1DCF-4C0D-AC93-7193B2D9E580.jpeg
    2B8BC879-1DCF-4C0D-AC93-7193B2D9E580.jpeg
    354.7 KB · Views: 2
Loving this thread for so many reasons. Mostly because Paint 1 is one of the prettiest birds ive ever seen. Also because I have a flock similar to yours. Love the showgirls. I have a satin splash showgirl hen that I adore.

Snuggle is such a cutie! I can definitely see the start of the possible streamers as well. I'm still thinking male because of this but there is the rare female that can grow them. I keep hoping snuggle might just be a pullet despite thinking he/she is looking more like a cockerel. :fl

Snuggle is such a cutie! I can definitely see the start of the possible streamers as well. I'm still thinking male because of this but there is the rare female that can grow them. I keep hoping snuggle might just be a pullet despite thinking he/she is looking more like a cockerel. :fl
I’m holding out hope too. If Snuggle is a he, he’s so slow developing. The other showgirl developed waddles and a huge comb weeks ago. Snuggle isn’t acting much like a boy either. I have two of my roosters locked up, they’re on antibiotics, so my other silkie roo has the run of the girls. Snuggle doesn’t even try with any of the girls.

Back
Top Bottom