Silkies?

Okay! Do you have your silkie with other hens and roosters that are hard feathered?

My silkies are part of a mixed flock of various breeds. They are all happy and thriving.

You will get your submissive and dominant chickens in this breed just as in any other, though they aren't known as particular bullies.

As someone else said, ensure their crests are trimmed if needed. Mine don't have massive pouffes so I don't need to.

20200918_161917.jpg

My silkies are part of a mixed flock of various breeds. They are all happy and thriving.

You will get your submissive and dominant chickens in this breed just as in any other, though they aren't known as particular bullies.

As someone else said, ensure their crests are trimmed if needed. Mine don't have massive pouffes so I don't need to.

View attachment 2363784
Yea I wonder if the crest sized is genetically different from each chicken. The parents of the chicks I may get do not have huge crests so I would think the offspring would look similar to them.

yes absolutely. they inherit attributes from their parents. From what I've seen, the silkie strains in the UK mostly tend to have sensible crests, but the ones in the US are more Trumpian in hairstyle! 😂 Bigger isn't always better!

One of my silkies (silkie mix) is really a dear. She's spunky with the other chickens but very chill with people. I hope it's a pullet, but suspect "she" will be a roo :fl

C66394C9-D15D-442A-880D-98C64A074ADF.jpeg

I end up having to clean her more because she's white and every single poop stain shows, lol. She enjoys the hair dryer though!

And here is my other one, an actual silkie, she thinks she can fly 🙄

3733A5C0-9743-458C-A1A6-C29500F9DFB1.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom