Silly question, but is it possible...

What breed are you talking about? Belgium Booted bantams, Belgium D'anvers, And D'uccles Don't have a standard counter part.

Sorry, Barbu D'Anvers. All the Belgians are pretty tiny, so I'm sure you get the idea of how strange a Belgian looked with the large fowl hens.

In UK we have Sabelpoots (booted bantams) as a different breed to the Belgians (Barbu D'Anvers, Barbu D'Uccle, Barbu de Watermael, Barbu D'Everberg, Barbu du Grubbe).​

My question that relates to this topic is what if it were reversed. We know that a lf rooster can mate a banty, but would the chick grow too large for the egg shell or something like that?

Thanks

I had a very small BB Red rooster that had only full size Golden Laced Wyandottes for hens, we raised lots of chicks from them, they looked quite normal.
The egg was full size for the hen and the chicks were full size too.
No, the chick won't be larger than the egg can hold and the egg will be the normal size for the hen.

I also have a White Silkie roo that has a harem of Speckled Sussex hens and the eggs were normal size , the chicks large and healthy and all were booted, crested, black skinned and 5 toes!
Picture included...... So darn cute too, and very pretty colored much like their Moms

33267_black_hat.jpg

Quote:
So you are asking if the Roo was say: a Marans and the hen was say: a Serama and if they happened to mate... Could the chick hatch from the tiny egg? I doubt it because I raise Marans and a lot of times they are so tight in the Maran size egg you have to help them out.
If they were closer in size like a RIR and maybe a larger silke hen...it could happen but on the extreme I have to say no it couldnt work. They would run out of room in the egg.

Anyone else have a thought on it?

Quote:
Sorry, Barbu D'Anvers. All the Belgians are pretty tiny, so I'm sure you get the idea of how strange a Belgian looked with the large fowl hens.

In UK we have Sabelpoots (booted bantams) as a different breed to the Belgians (Barbu D'Anvers, Barbu D'Uccle, Barbu de Watermael, Barbu D'Everberg, Barbu du Grubbe).

Lol, didn't realize you were from UK
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom