Silly question

nikkichicki

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 2, 2008
Maryville, TN
This is my first time raising chicks and ducks and I have a really silly question. About what age do Chicks and ducks start getting their "Grown Up Voices"?

The chicks we have had started sounding chickenish around 14 weeks, but I bet that is veries by breed and personality. I think that I read a post from Speckledhen saying she had a chick try to crow crazy early, I want to say under a week old?

So is it possible to hear them making atempts at about 3-4 weeks? Of course it is not full blown adult noises but I notice more gurgling. LOL

I had a banty rooster start crowing a 6 weeks last year. In my experiance the banty's mature faster than standard breeds. I would say my standard breeds started to make "real" chicken sounds at about 13-14 weeks. It's been years since I had ducks so I don't remember a whole lot about them. Good luck with your babies! I'm jealous over your ducks:D

The ducks are not as friendly as I was hoping and they are very squeeky. we have had them for 2 weeks so I expect they will come around soon...

Back
Top Bottom