Silver and Gold Welsh Harlequins

I am axious to learn what color our welshies will be. They are almost feathered out. One is more golden in the chest than the other one. We bought 2 welshies and 2 cayuguas 4 weeks ago. Introduced them to the rest of the adult flock yesterday - I was concerned about the adults......The welshies kicked Everyone's butts!!!! All the adults are afraid of the "teenagers". Haven't named them yet, waiting to see the colors.
Looking for some cool names for the 4. Love to hear your ideas......

I have 4 Welshies. 3 silver(2boys/1girl) and 1gold boy. The gold was noticeably lighter as a duckling and always had a bit of a brown tinge compared to the gray/black tinge of the silvers. Based off your picture looking down on them, I would say you have 2 silvers and a gold.

Here's a picture of my welsh - all female - and they turned out to be two silver and one gold in the middle. I think the silver are more beautiful because they have the blue/green feathers, but my gold is by far the sweetest and calmest.
My sister's favorites are also the Silver, but our gold hen is super pretty with bronze/green iridescent wing patches. :)

Darn... the wilco in Silverton only had straight run this year. You're pretty luck
From my calling around Wilcos, only the larger stores have sexed ducklings. We got the Welshies and Appleyard in Corvallis. The "Saxony" (a Pekin drake....:hmm) was from the Salem store. I've also gotten sexed ducklings from the Oregon City store.

Back
Top Bottom