silver, bronze and s.laced wyndottes crossing to Golden laced wyndotte

Hello folks

I got those 3 ladies and 1 golden laced wyndotte rooster,

may i know what i get from crossing those colorsView attachment 3406588

thank you
Ok, the Golden Laced Wyandotte crossed with the Silver Laced Wyandotte would be a sexlinked cross. Pullets would be golden laced, while cockerels would carry both silver and gold. They would look similar to a silver laced Wyandotte, but the silver would have a yellow tone to it.

The Silver Penciled Wyandotte with the Golden Laced Wyandotte would also be a sex-linked cross. Pullets again would be gold, while cockerels would have both gold and silver. The patterning on those would likely be an incomplete lacing, but I'm not sure.

The last hen I have no clue on. I can't decide if she's a Chocolate Penciled Wyandotte with some sort of diluting gene, or a Silver Chocolate Penciled Wyandotte with autosomal red causing that yellow tint. When I look at her tail feathers, they look blue so that's making me question if she has chocolate at all. I have no clue on this one, so it anyone else has an idea please jump in. @nicalandia , I know you're great with genetics, do you have any clues on what this girl is color wise?

Ok, the Golden Laced Wyandotte crossed with the Silver Laced Wyandotte would be a sexlinked cross. Pullets would be golden laced, while cockerels would carry both silver and gold. They would look similar to a silver laced Wyandotte, but the silver would have a yellow tone to it.

The Silver Penciled Wyandotte with the Golden Laced Wyandotte would also be a sex-linked cross. Pullets again would be gold, while cockerels would have both gold and silver. The patterning on those would likely be an incomplete lacing, but I'm not sure.

The last hen I have no clue on. I can't decide if she's a Chocolate Penciled Wyandotte with some sort of diluting gene, or a Silver Chocolate Penciled Wyandotte with autosomal red causing that yellow tint. When I look at her tail feathers, they look blue so that's making me question if she has chocolate at all. I have no clue on this one, so it anyone else has an idea please jump in. @nicalandia , I know you're great with genetics, do you have any clues on what this girl is color wise?
thank you v. much for explain it in deep details ^_^

Hello folks

I got those 3 ladies and 1 golden laced wyndotte rooster,

may i know what i get from crossing those colorsView attachment 3406588

thank you
The middle hen is silver penciled (aka silver partridge) and the hen on the far right is blue (gold) partridge. She looks so light because she lacks autosomal red, which seems to be common in blue partridge wyandottes.

thank you v. much for explain it in deep details ^_^
You're welcome!

The middle hen is silver penciled (aka silver partridge) and the hen on the far right is blue (gold) partridge. She looks so light because she lacks autosomal red, which seems to be common in blue partridge wyandottes.
I could see this being the case. Going off of this, when that hen is crossed with the Golden Laced Wyandotte, all offspring would be gold and incompletely laced. Half of them would have blue patterning while the other half has black patterning.

They're also $50 each :th
The hatching eggs might be worth a shot...I'm a sucker for double laced, partridge and penciled.
Hmm, this put a little bug in my brain.. about chocolate being sex linked.. wondering about breeding (the bantam) chocolate to standard partridge (availabel at a couple hatcheries).. ulrimately working towrads LF chocalte partridge and/or other varieties of Wyandotte for the US..

BUT.. lookie what I found, priced reasonably it seems and in the US..

https://brinkhavenacres.com/

Back
Top Bottom