Silver Cuckoo Marans hatching eggs $12 doz plus $12 shipping (pics)

pconwayfarms

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 14, 2008
17116_resize_of_imgp2322.jpg

Hens also possibly available for sale pick-up in Kentucky.

Here you go!

My girls will never be supermodels. They did not want to get their picture taken. That, coupled with the fact that my camera takes poor quaility pictures, I hope you can see enough to to make an informed decision.

17116_resize_of_cropped_cuckoos.jpg

Are Silver Cuckoo's different from Regular Cuckoos? And can I breed these to regular Cuckoos and Golden Cuckoos? Genetics is still giving me a headache!

I second the question about the difference between silver cuckoo marans and regular cuckoo marans. Your birds look exactly like mine, which were sold as regular "Cuckoo."

Marans are the only kind of cuckoos of which I am aware other than the cuckoo of clock fame.
smile.png

I purchased silver cuckoo marans. You can see the birds I have, and the georgous color of their eggs. If you are shopping for a bird with dark brown eggs then I recommend them, if you are shopping for leg color maybe someone else has birds more to your "standard".

I am in Logan County Kentucky.

Quote:
It is a perfectly valid question. I am not 'shopping for leg color', just good looking to increase my flock with good representatives of the breed, not add disqualifying faults. The presence of yellow skin indicates cross breeding with Rocks.

Last edited:
Quote:
It is a perfectly valid question. I am not 'shopping for leg color', just good looking to increase my flock with good representatives of the breed, not add disqualifying faults. The presence of yellow skin indicates cross breeding with Rocks.

Marans should white legs..not yellow.

Back
Top Bottom