Silver Grey Dorking Hatching Eggs

Would you happen to have any Dorking eggs/chicks available at this time? We are going to be going through Arkansas in a couple of weeks (back from Branson to Beggs, OK) and would swing a little further south if you had anything available.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Im interested in Silver Grey dorking hatching eggs(preferably) or day old chicks in March or later in spring. Are you still active?

celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

I currently have Silver Grey Dorking eggs available.

Dorkings are thought to be one of the oldest extant breeds of domestic poultry. Columella wrote about birds that fit the modern description of Dorkings very closely, when Roman armies invaded Britain. They are a great dual-purpose, utilitarian breed that is completely sustainable once a flock is established.

Dorkings have 5 toes, white skin, and very fine textured meat. They have stubby little clean legs, keeping them short despite their large, brick-shaped bodies. The Silver Grey Dorking is the only variety with a flat, single comb - other varieties have rose combs.

Silver Grey Dorkings are good mothers, lay 5 to 6 round white eggs per week, and mature to about 7 lbs in around 6 months. They do not eat voraciously, so do not grow rapidly, but the extremely high quality of meat produced is worth the wait. They are beautiful, traditional-looking farm fowl, and are very good foragers that keep feed bills low.

Silver Grey Dorkings can be sexed at hatch. Pullets often have a dark "V" on their heads, along with their duckwing (chipmunk) color pattern, and cocks have a lighter head, sometimes with a faint light "V" visible. Side by side, it is sometimes very easy to differentiate boys and girls, the day after hatch.

The single most fantastic quality of Silver Grey Dorkings is their phenomenally user-friendly personalities. I have never kept such calm, intelligent, friendly birds. They are extremely docile. Our young rooster happily sits next to us in the garden, on his own chair, and talks to us much like a parrot. I have never heard such unique, happy noises from any other breed of poultry. He has never once offered harm to any human, but is a very watchful flock protector, quickly sounding the alarm and ushering his girls to safety if he spots a threat.

Silver Grey Dorkings are at the top of my list for anyone wishing to start a small backyard flock, regardless of poultry care experience. They seem very hardy and will quickly win over anyone with an "Eww, chickens are ugly, gross and dangerous" mentality, which unfortunately, is common in these Times of Tyson. They will provide a family with completely sustainable meat, eggs, and entertainment, indefinitely.

Our girls are derived from Duane Urch stock, and are presided over by a lovely young Dick Horstman rooster. They are producing breeder quality offspring, with very good fertility and vigor.

Our birds are on 18% NatureWise All Flock, and their water is supplemented with Red Cell, daily.

I can send you 6+ for $20, or 12+ for $35. Shipping is $15.

I cannot put you on the OFFICIAL calendar for pickup until I receive your payment. This policy keeps me from holding onto eggs for people who aren't serious about them and letting serious buyers miss out because of it. Chickenbirds are not machines. Many unforseeable events can disrupt a hen's laying. If there is a delay with your order, you will be notified ASAP. Our hens are very happy and healthy, and these eggs are developing well here. We cannot control how your package of eggs may be handled by USPS workers. We package them very carefully and do our best to ensure they arrive to you in good condition, but shipping eggs is always a risk. If you think you might be heartbroken or angry because of delayed delivery or imperfect hatch rates from shipped eggs, please consider purchasing started birds instead. There are many reasons that shipped eggs might develop well or not at all, including temperature fluctuations, rough transit, or radiation exposure. I cannot control these factors once eggs leave for our Post Office. Unfortunately, I can no longer issue refunds for any reason. Perishable items like hatching eggs do not have "warranties" of any kind. I cannot replace your order because you decide that you do not approve of some aspect of it after you have received it. Again, if you are not willing to accept the risks that are associated with ordering eggs via USPS, PLEASE do not place an order for shipped eggs.

Please PM for the PayPal address and current availability. As soon as I receive your payment, yours will be the next order collected, or I can put you down for shipment on any date you'd like, as long as that spot isn't already taken.

Thanks!
I am interested in purchasing 2 dozen silver gray Dorking hatching eggs. Do you have availability now? Please contact me by phone at 501-690-3944. I am in Little Rock
Thank you.
Debbie

celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Dorkings are thought to be one of the oldest extant breeds of domestic poultry. Columella wrote about birds that fit the modern description of Dorkings very closely, when Roman armies invaded Britain. They are a great dual-purpose, utilitarian breed that is completely sustainable once a flock is established.

Dorkings have 5 toes, white skin, and very fine textured meat. They have stubby little clean legs, keeping them short despite their large, brick-shaped bodies. The Silver Grey Dorking is the only variety with a flat, single comb - other varieties have rose combs.

Silver Grey Dorkings are good mothers, lay 5 to 6 round white eggs per week, and mature to about 7 lbs in around 6 months. They do not eat voraciously, so do not grow rapidly, but the extremely high quality of meat produced is worth the wait. They are beautiful, traditional-looking farm fowl, and are very good foragers that keep feed bills low.

Silver Grey Dorkings can be sexed at hatch. Pullets often have a dark "V" on their heads, along with their duckwing (chipmunk) color pattern, and cocks have a lighter head, sometimes with a faint light "V" visible. Side by side, it is sometimes very easy to differentiate boys and girls, the day after hatch.

The single most fantastic quality of Silver Grey Dorkings is their phenomenally user-friendly personalities. I have never kept such calm, intelligent, friendly birds. They are extremely docile. Our young rooster happily sits next to us in the garden, on his own chair, and talks to us much like a parrot. I have never heard such unique, happy noises from any other breed of poultry. He has never once offered harm to any human, but is a very watchful flock protector, quickly sounding the alarm and ushering his girls to safety if he spots a threat.

Silver Grey Dorkings are at the top of my list for anyone wishing to start a small backyard flock, regardless of poultry care experience. They seem very hardy and will quickly win over anyone with an "Eww, chickens are ugly, gross and dangerous" mentality, which unfortunately, is common in these Times of Tyson. They will provide a family with completely sustainable meat, eggs, and entertainment, indefinitely.

Our girls are derived from Duane Urch stock, and are presided over by a lovely young Dick Horstman rooster. They are producing breeder quality offspring, with very good fertility and vigor.

Our birds are on 18% NatureWise All Flock, and their water is supplemented with Red Cell, daily.

I cannot put you on the OFFICIAL calendar for pickup until I receive your payment. This policy keeps me from holding onto eggs for people who aren't serious about them and letting serious buyers miss out because of it. Chickenbirds are not machines. Many unforseeable events can disrupt a hen's laying. If there is a delay with your order, you will be notified ASAP. Our hens are very happy and healthy, and these eggs are developing well here. We cannot control how your package of eggs may be handled by USPS workers. We package them very carefully and do our best to ensure they arrive to you in good condition, but shipping eggs is always a risk. If you think you might be heartbroken or angry because of delayed delivery or imperfect hatch rates from shipped eggs, please consider purchasing started birds instead. There are many reasons that shipped eggs might develop well or not at all, including temperature fluctuations, rough transit, or radiation exposure. I cannot control these factors once eggs leave for our Post Office. Unfortunately, I can no longer issue refunds for any reason. Perishable items like hatching eggs do not have "warranties" of any kind. I cannot replace your order because you decide that you do not approve of some aspect of it after you have received it. Again, if you are not willing to accept the risks that are associated with ordering eggs via USPS, PLEASE do not place an order for shipped eggs.

Please PM for the PayPal address and current availability. As soon as I receive your payment, yours will be the next order collected, or I can put you down for shipment on any date you'd like, as long as that spot isn't already taken.

Thanks!
Do you have any Dorking pullets for sale? Or will you sell any in the spring?

celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Thanks!
Where do I purchase and pay for these eggs? Frank Parcells

Back
Top Bottom