Silver Lace Wyandotte

Katy

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jun 29, 2007
Kansas~50+ yrs of chickens
OK...I did what I thought I wouldn't do again......buy chicks. I was at our local Orscheln's yesterday and they had day old SLW pullets there....so I came home with 8 of them. One I don't think is going to survive, but it was getting trampled so I brought it home so it could at least die in peace. Out of 2 batches of SLW eggs I've only hatched one chick and it was a rooster. I don't really plan on breeding these....I just think they're pretty and they'll go in my layer flock. They'll fit right in with the ones that hatched last week-end and this week.

Isn't it terrible I have been to the feed store 2 times in a week and both times came home with chicks or poults :O)..
do ya think we have a problem?? HAHA

so where are the photos?? our feed store is getting in silver laced and gold laced next weekend.. (smile) now why would I know that???
Denna

I just bid on 25 straight run SLW. But I've got someone to take a few. I worry about me sometimes!
he.gif

Yes, I think we have a problem!! I haven't bought any chicks for probably 4 or 5 years. I had decided that I was just gonna hatch what I wanted...either from my eggs or shipped eggs. Since the SLW eggs have pretty much been a bust so far I couldn't say no to those little cuties!!

Orschlens is eeeevvvviilllllll
barnie.gif

Don't they KNOW I have too many?
How on earth could they sell me 2 more cutie wittle fluffy wuffys? HOW?? Evil I tell yoU!!

Dang, they're cute tho. I couldn't resist the SLW charms.
jumpy.gif

It took me an additional half an hour to leave when I took my 6yr old daughter. But thankfully we did not get anything. Last Tuesday my niece and I went in there and they had a sick duckling. The manager gave her to my niece, to take home and care for it. I bought game feed. The duckling died that night, my niece was heartbroken.

Back
Top Bottom