Silver laced barnevelder

Mmeellyy

In the Brooder
Apr 20, 2020
I need help with guidance of how to choose roosters for the silver barnies.

I always thought that the whiter they are the better for breeding stock?

I am trying to breed very nice barnies. This is my first time getting into purebreds. I got eggs from 3 breeders so I have diversity in my genes.

Is there any guidance or something I can read about picking roos? I have been told it depends on the hen but I have no idea how to pick the traits to improve the hen.

I took the guy on the left side of the fence out of my breeding pen. Someone said he is the better breeder? I assumed he wasn't as bright white so he was no good for me.
IMG_20201127_122805.jpg
IMG_20201127_122817.jpg

I am trying to breed very nice barnies. This is my first time getting into purebreds. I got eggs from 3 breeders so I have diversity in my genes.

Is there any guidance or something I can read about picking roos? I have been told it depends on the hen but I have no idea how to pick the traits to improve the hen.

I took the guy on the left side of the fence out of my breeding pen. Someone said he is the better breeder? I assumed he wasn't as bright white so he was no good for me.View attachment 2427583View attachment 2427581
I’m not sure. I have no experience with the breed but have wanted one!! Your birds are just beautiful!!!

I took the guy on the left side of the fence out of my breeding pen. Someone said he is the better breeder? I assumed he wasn't as bright white so he was no good for me.View attachment 2427583View attachment 2427581
I would try to pick a roo that is not too young, maybe no less than 6 months

Here's another photo of my roos. They all look very similar. I assume that's a good thing.
IMG_20201127_161731.jpg

Back
Top Bottom