Silver Laced Brahma hatching eggs 6+ extras NPIP

Thankyou!
smile.png

Hi Stephanie,
Thanks for inquiring and for the compliment. I have not actually measured him, but he does tower over the ladies. I had a few other cockerels that I raised to about 14-16 months before I decided to keep this guy for my flock sire. I choose him for his temperment, great comb, lacing, foot feathering and of course no vulture hocks! He has been a great breeder and takes care of his ladies like a true gentlmen.
I will add that I don't think he is quite as stretchy as many Brahmas I have seen at various poultry shows, but a real looker none the less!
wink.png

Have a great day!

Thanks Danny! I had never heard of vulture hocks, but I think my new cochin has them! I thought these feathers looked pretty. Why is this a bad trait?​

Hey Stephanie,

I'm not sure about Cochins, I think they are supposed to have them as are some other breeds, (d' Uccles for example), Brahmas are not supposed to have vulture hocks. It is considered a fault in Brahmas in the show ring.

I stand corrected, vulture hocks are not allowed in Cochins either.
smile.png

I just wanted to add that if you win two or more of my auctions I would be happy to combine shipping for up to 24 eggs =$14.50 for shipping!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom