Silver Laced Orpingtons (LF)

I out of curiosity ran through the breeding calculator what would happen if I covered a silver laced with a Crele Roo. I was surprised to see that all the offspring would be black patterned golden laced barred. So I did a hypothetical cross between Roo and a hen from that cross, and lo and behold, I had Delawares and Columbians popping out all over the place. Lots of silver, some yellow/ golden (all Roos) and some golden. I also ended up with black patterned silver duckwing. The picture looked really interesting. It had a silver head and neck, silver back and silver with a black bar across the wings. The rest of the bird was black. Sure looked interesting! I am also crazy about Delawares and Columbians. (I also like Siamese colouring on cats so maybe it is related to that)
McCoy Poultry, what is your take on on my breed calculator results?
I honestly don't use calculators that often cause I breed to find out :D

Ewe Crazy-

Could you post a good pic of a Delaware and a good pic of a Colombian so I can see the difference? I looks like maybe just wing color? Or am I seeing more distinct lacing on the Colombian?

Last edited:
Silver Laced carry the columbian gene naturally (they are columbian laced.)   If you hatch enough Silver Laced you *will* hatch birds that lack the necessary lacing genes and they will just be columbians.   Not Delawares, because those are columbian cuckoo. 

Ah but the Crele is partridge/cuckoo. So the Delawares are numerous. Lots of cuckoo genes!

And then you've got the lavender partridge cuckoo (Isabel Cuckoo)
lau.gif

The only other variations of Crele I am aware of are blue crele and red crele.
Neither of which are out of the "project" stage yet anywhere so I'm unsure of how they'll look when complete.

Question for Ewe Crazy. Have you ever sold to Birch Ridge Farms? If so I may have some of your line! In the pair! Which I think they have 2 or 3 lines in the pen so I'm not real sure lol!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom