Silver Laced wyandotte - am I right or my husband?

Looks like I've split the experts too - Schwartzfarmnc - that's exactly what it looks like to me based on my experience with other breeds - a rooish pullet. But I've never owns a SLW!

Quote:
You may need to wait a few more weeks, I'll post a pic of my girls at that age for comparison tomorrow. Our girls got red pretty quick but nothing developed until later, so I'm hoping you have an early bloomer! You'll love these birds, absolutely beautiful and our 2 are super sweet girls.

I say FOR SURE a rooster. My SLW pullets did not have the red comb and wattles at that age. They hardly had any comb at all and it was very pink.

Agreed, the feather pattern seem to be rooish, but one of my girls feathered in similar until a little older and she's a big beautiful girl these birds seem to hard to pin down especially the hatchery type, which I have too.

That sucker is a pretty roo.
cool.png

Quote:
is that a showgirl chicken to the far right of the pic?
what is their real name or is that it.. I am really interested in them
thanks Pink

Well, I guess I will wait a few more weeks and retry - maybe by then it will be crowing
wink.png

Pinkwindsong- yes that is a showgirl rooster. We have 2 of them and silkies - set a few fertile eggs from them that should be hatching next week so I'm interested to see if we get any with naked necks! I bet you can find someone selling them using resources on here
smile.png
If you were local then I might have had some chicks for ya

Back
Top Bottom