Silver mandarin eggs

Hi destin,
what would you say is the best way to pull out eggs to get the most out of a hen?
any stragetic methods ?

You should just collect eggs every day from the nest and this way the hen will not go broody and produce many more eggs, and double clutch. There is not anything special to collecting the eggs, as long as she is not beginning to incubate them yet.

I got rid of a majority of birds just a coupla years back.Including the two red billed mandie hens that put out mostly red billed. My friend may still have some. I will check next time I talk with him.(we trade alot) I will PM you and show you a pic if me or my buddies here happen to get anything crossed or different you might want to buy this fall. I can ship thru him for any migratratory birds if need be. I did have a silver boy woodie that bred with a white girl. So we will see if a platinum pops out. Shes been setting on 6-8 eggs but I aint even checked them for fertility yet so who knows. But I have a friend here that wants any and all babies of those anyway. I really dont do the breeding production I used to. I mainly just keep a pair or trio of each of most of the different quackers and mainly let the hens do the work and dont double clutch anymore . Except I am going to pull the Baikals eggs for max production this year. You might also check with Kangababy or Mark Hall from Alabama on here.They have alot of ducks for sale and may sell you the unusual ones this fall.

Thanks for the offer! I would not mind trading either. I will be sure to check with them. I hope you can produce many Baikal Teal since I want them so bad...it is just I can't find them for a reasonable price. Do you have any pictures of your past odd colored mandarins or the red billed ones?

Thanks again.
my plan is to take 3 once six is laid, over and over.
howlong can eggs hold for ?

Um so you want her to hatch three eggs herself? That is not the best option if you are trying to get maximum egg production. I keep eggs at the most two weeks but fresher eggs are better.

Sorry that wasn't clear. I'm taking 3 eggs when there are 5 eggs in the nest box. So I took 3 today and there's 2 left. So ill wait until there's another 5 to take 3 again.

Why not just collect eggs every day so that the hen does not go broody? You can leave a wooden or chicken egg in the nest so that she keeps coming back to the nest.

Why do you think they are almost impossible in a bator?
ive hatched many mandarins from a bator

Why do you think they are almost impossible in a bator?
ive hatched many mandarins from a bator

I never have had luck in an incubator since everything has to be just right with mandarin eggs. I use a broody since you can't go wrong there. An incubator is a risk.

Back
Top Bottom