Silver RangeXRed head Golden =???

fancyfowl4ever

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
Well my title says it all, what will I get with a Red Headed Golden Coturnix Male over Silver Range/Silver Tux Coturnix Hens?
Any Colour gurus out there who could give me an idea on the outcome?
Got a couple eggs from that cross in the bator and am really excited to see what I get. I have the same male with a wildtype silver hen as well which I predict will give me at least wild type, wild type silver and something odd on the side probably.

Also how does egg colour pass on in coturnix? I have a hen that lays a solid robins blue egg and I would like to breed more of those.

Thanks,
Anna

Unfortunately Silvers Havent Made It To The States Yet
sad.png

Quote:
Allegedly silvers haven't made it to the states yet, but no one has searched my trunk yet
wink.png

What is a "Red Headed Golden Coturnix"?

I may have one or two of them....Just curious

Red headed Golden Coturnix is merely our Italian males...they have a darker head then the body is more gold.

You will get a lot of splits with your mixture.

Yes, we call our Italians Red Heads up here. At least thats all I ever seen them labeled as.
Although its become hard to get really nice redheads as of late.

I will post pics of my breeding stock once I get them switched to different pens and cleaned out a bit.

Here are some pics of my 2 silver Pens.

This is pen has a pair of Silver Ranges with a Wild type hen and a Range hen. The Silver range hen is the males fave so had to cover her in stop-pick poor thing, she also is the one who lays the robins blue egg.
quail002.jpg

These are the hens in with my Red Head male, a wild type silver, a silver range and a silver tux.
quail006.jpg

Quote:
Allegedly silvers haven't made it to the states yet, but no one has searched my trunk yet
wink.png

What is a "Red Headed Golden Coturnix"?

I may have one or two of them....Just curious

dont make fun of me lol but why arent they in the U.S. yet?

Back
Top Bottom