Silver Spanlged Hamburg Roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Magnolia86, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Magnolia86

Magnolia86 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2012
    Gainesville, FL
    I got this pair yesterday from my aunt, the hen I believe is purebred, but the roo I am not so sure about. Is he purebred and just poor quality or is he a mix? Also, I was looking at feather site and came across a Birchen Hamburg, sure looks a lot like him, could he be that? He has a rose comb, orange eyes and yellow legs. What do you think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    He does look like a Silver Spangled Hamburg, but he is definitely poor quality. It looks like a reverse spangle? I dunno!

3. TheCrazyClucker

TheCrazyClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2012
    The hen is definitely a pure-breed, she has that wonky rose comb.
    As for the rooster, he's definitely not a pure-breed. Like Chickenfan4life said, he's poor quality. My SSH cock looks nothing like that one, and mine's a pure-breed.
    Even though he's poor quality, you've got a handsome roo there. He looks like a beautiful mutt. Hope this helped!

4. Magnolia86

Magnolia86 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2012
    Gainesville, FL
    Bump!

5. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    My neighbor and I split an order from McMurray hatchery a couple years ago. She took the free rare breed chick and it ended up being a SSH. He looked ALOT like you boy, except his comb and tail were much bigger.
    Nikki

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by