Silverudd's Blue

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by KYTinpusher, Mar 24, 2016.

1. ChicKat

ChicKat Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Beautiful hen!!!

Good luck on the hatches! [​IMG]

we will all be looking forward to seeing baby pictures!

2. ericinga

ericinga Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2015
    Northwest, Georgia
    I didn't weigh them but really wish I had. A few were huge but I am still not convince they aren't mixed with something else. I was trying to find the pic they had posted on ebay.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  3. ericinga

Jul 22, 2015
    Northwest, Georgia
    Here are the pics that bothered me and I wish I had seen them before I ever ordered from them. They don't use these pics on every post. They only use the one with the silver rooster on most posts.

Here is the link to their previous ad on ebay to confirm these are their pictures: http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Blue-Isb...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It says this listing has ended but scroll to the bottom and you will still see the listing and pictures.

Also they told me they are first import rooster with 2nd import hens. Not sure if that is true because the pic of the hen attached is the only pic of a hen they ever use. The silver and blue rooster in the pic they use on most posts does look like a first import.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  4. Sherol

Sherol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2015
    San Antonio Tx

5. ChicKat

!

[​IMG]

6. Sherol

Apr 7, 2015
    San Antonio Tx
    Was trying to subscribe on cell... Lol

7. ChicKat

Figured that... sometimes people just write 'subscribe' ---

Used to live about an hour from San Antonio -- but now in East TX. -- I have hatched a blue male -- (Valentine's Day) -- and he probably won't go to work here -- because his father already has the job of flock rooster for my birds. Keep it in mind if you should want a male sometime in the future- or you know someone who does.

8. ericinga

Jul 22, 2015
    Northwest, Georgia
    I guess this hatch just wasn't meant to be. Did have 5 Isabella Leghorns hatch and were fine but only 2 of the Isbar hatched and I have tried to save them but both were not able to walk and looks like my hope for a Blue Roo isn't going to happen this time. Just not sure I got it in me to take a chance and have more eggs shipped. Not to mention, they rely on you more and you get attached and then they slowly die. Heartbreaking! [​IMG]

9. Sherol

Apr 7, 2015
    San Antonio Tx

I was up there now in Devine. Getting incubator next month and will try some eggs. Some of mine first then some SB after I get the hang of it. Will move from mixed flock to all SB's over time. Sumners project will be a breeding pen.

10. cgmaster

cgmaster Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2014
    Thatcher,AZ
    I just got a young pair of sb's on Saturday, a blue cockerel and a splash pullet

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by