Silverudd's Blue

Pics
Here is my one group of first import chicks, I am thinking a rooster and 2 hens, then again the splash has some waddles showing:

Your little cockerel has a beautiful stance! Very proud and handsome. Love the dark eyes. Great leg color too. Is the reddish color a reflection? It looks like the middle chick in each picture has reddish brown on it. I agree with cockerel and 2 pullets.

Here is the other group. This group has 2 BLRW and a RIR in there but the other 6 are Silverudd's blue. They are a week or so younger than the first group. I sprayed 1 with blue coat when it was a few days old and it is still wearing it. It is almost as if it is really white. Waiting to see what color it really is. They change colors for a while and I think it will be splash.

Your little cockerel has a beautiful stance! Very proud and handsome. Love the dark eyes. Great leg color too. Is the reddish color a reflection? It looks like the middle chick in each picture has reddish brown on it. I agree with cockerel and 2 pullets.

Yeah the reddish color is from the light they have. The flash on the camera helps with the light in some pics but should have just been smart and turned the light off. HA! They really don't have any reddish tones.

I have 4 pullets that have red combs and I have been wondering why they weren't laying eggs.

They Are
wee.gif
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Found these under a sheet of plastic that was in their pen last night.

Do all the Silverruds lay speckled eggs? I like the speckles.

@cmfarm- Some lay brown speckled, some lay white speckled, some are mossy green and some are more green blue. I like the brown speckles too. I've only had white speckles before.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom