Silverudd's Blue

Pics
just saying hello to SB folks -- i've been more actively lately on FB, not so much here, but hoping to be a bit more regular this summer. love my SBs!

Yay!! -- any photos to share?

nothing super-recent -- there's a resident bobcat near my home, & none of the chickens have been out of their pens for over a month -- but getting the tall grass near their pens cut today, so fewer hiding places for the feline!

and here's one from over winter:

i actually have four SB roosters at this point, but Jackson (on the left) is my favorite boy... he's still young but increasingly gorgeous.

nothing super-recent -- there's a resident bobcat near my home, & none of the chickens have been out of their pens for over a month -- but getting the tall grass near their pens cut today, so fewer hiding places for the feline!

and here's one from over winter:

i actually have four SB roosters at this point, but Jackson (on the left) is my favorite boy... he's still young but increasingly gorgeous.
Thanks!!! beautiful example of all the variations -- black-blue-splash!
Good luck with the bobcat.

Thanks!!! beautiful example of all the variations -- black-blue-splash!
Good luck with the bobcat.

thanks -- the bobcat is just part of life here (plenty of other predators around, too) -- thankfully is a beautiful thing to have come visit occasionally (this picture was taken out my bedroom door, a year ago):

and confirmed that it can NOT get into the chickens' pens -- i've literally seen it hanging by its claws off one of the pen's hardware cloth wire! i think it enjoys watching the birds go ballistic insides -- but all are safe, and i've learned to keep a close eye on them if they are out free-ranging, which now that the grass is cut, they'll be able to do again! perhaps i'll get some updated pictures, too.

thanks -- the bobcat is just part of life here (plenty of other predators around, too) -- thankfully is a beautiful thing to have come visit occasionally (this picture was taken out my bedroom door, a year ago):

and confirmed that it can NOT get into the chickens' pens -- i've literally seen it hanging by its claws off one of the pen's hardware cloth wire! i think it enjoys watching the birds go ballistic insides -- but all are safe, and i've learned to keep a close eye on them if they are out free-ranging, which now that the grass is cut, they'll be able to do again! perhaps i'll get some updated pictures, too.
Amazing photo -- Beautiful! Around here -- they are seldom seen (except as Taxidermy) -- and thank goodness for HW cloth . -- If the predators would just please LEAVE our CHICKENS alone and go eat natural prey!

Back
Top Bottom