sing to your chickens

Olliebird

Hatching
Aug 15, 2016
Singing For Twenty Minutes To New Ones Helped Calm Them Down. Also We Sing "Time To Come Home" To The Older Ones To Bring Them Home At Night. I Use The Tune From "Softly And Tenderly Jesus Is Calling, Calling For Me To Come Home..." Chickens Get In Line, Come Up From The Woods, And File InTo The Coop To Roost, Even If It's Early By An Hour Or Two..

Greetings from Kansas, Olliebird, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! Yours is by far the most unique intro I've ever read. Enjoy your flock and keep serenading those birds!
lol.png

Hi and welcome to BYC. I couldn't sing even if my life depended on it, so I'll leave the pied piper of Hamlin approach to you - great that it works though!

Best wishes
CT

My singing is bad enough to make cows go dry. I wouldn't inflict myself on any poor animals. Welcome to BYC. Maybe you could make a music video of "Songs for Chickens."

G’Day from down under Olliebird
frow.gif
Welcome!

What a great idea! I am not sure my neighbours would agree though, my singing could use some work
hide.gif

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

My chickens LOVE it when I sing praises to God...will all settle down around me and preen, sleep or just sit and listen. I'll even sing while I'm choring around their coop area and it brings them in to listen. Even the dogs seem to love it. And I'm no great shakes at singing, either...they just seem to love gospel songs. Doesn't really happen if I sing other genre.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom