1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sing with me... It's a Small World After All (small chicken world)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nifty-Chicken, May 10, 2008.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Today I saw a post on craigslist.com from someone in the area with questions about Marek's disease. I love to search from time to time on the word "chickens" to find local chicken owners.

Well, I sent out an email to them saying I was the owner of BYC and I promptly got a reply. After a bunch of email exchanges narrowing down our locations it turns out they live literally about 8 houses away from us! What a small world! They are literally neighbors!

She's hatching eggs and has offered to let us come by to watch them hatch. We're also going to have her come by to take a look at our girls and our setup.

How fun!

2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

That's so cool! I love it when stuff like that happens! [​IMG] WE'RE NOT ALONE!

3. Tutter

Tutter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    N. California
    That's always such a cool thing to happen! [​IMG]

I know you're going to love watching the hatching; you chicken addict, you! [​IMG]

Have a great time, as I'm sure she will, as well, visiting you guys! [​IMG]

4. dfunnyfarm

dfunnyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    ks
    How neat. 'humming' It's a small world after all!

5. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

How funny is that? Now the question is... Have your girls ended up in HER yard yet? [​IMG]

6. Blondie

Blondie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, no! Now that song will be stuck in my head all day!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by