Single baby chick! Help!

Oh wow, I am super sorry! I thought I'd posted that last bit on MY thread!! Apologies. I didn't mean to hijack!! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
I think it's deleted, I really didn't mean to do that!
Oh, you probably meant to put it in this thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/parking-lot-chick-advice-needed-please.1519208/

If you've already got one lone chick, I can see why you would want to take the other lone chick from its mother, so you could raise two chicks together. I thought you were talking about taking a chick from a mother to then raise it completely alone.

I'd heard one chick even with a hen, is not good??
I think it's fine as long as the hen is caring for the chick, but when the hen is done being a mother, the chick has a hard time because it does not have a group to spend time with. Then the chick has a lonely time until it grows up enough to fit into the adult pecking order.

So even with a hen, multiple chicks is better.

But with no hen, a single chick has bigger problems, because it doesn't even learn to interact with other chickens. Even once it grows up, it is more likely to have trouble fitting into any flock.

I did!! Thank you. I'm pretty new to all this social media stuff ... Anyhow!
Problem was solved when the hen all but rejected the remaining two babies this morning, my frantic neighbor banged on my door at 7am, and now all 3 are peeping next to my bed. "Jewels", "Button" and "Fig". Fingers crossed.

Update on the OP's chick? I went all my starter down! They waste SO much less 💋
Do you have a tractor supply or Wilco store that is selling chicks? If you can, I would purchase a couple from a feed store nearby, but if you can’t, I would try bringing in one of the others. Try to pick the most chill chick, so it’s not constantly knocking the tiny one over.
Easter Eggers are pretty chill 😎

Back
Top Bottom