Single chick hatched, seems lonely

ziggymoon

In the Brooder
May 30, 2022
Unfortunately, our incubator crapped out on us in the middle of our incubation process and we only got one chick out of it.

It keeps chirping looking for some friends, so we do visits with it and it seems content to cuddle with us for a while but as soon as it goes in the brooder, it’s unhappy.

I have another set of chicks due to hatch in a couple of weeks and some ducklings due any day now. Our feed stores are no longer selling chicks this time of year. Is there anything I can do to keep the chick comfortable until some more hatch out?

Unfortunately, our incubator crapped out on us in the middle of our incubation process and we only got one chick out of it.

It keeps chirping looking for some friends, so we do visits with it and it seems content to cuddle with us for a while but as soon as it goes in the brooder, it’s unhappy.

I have another set of chicks due to hatch in a couple of weeks and some ducklings due any day now. Our feed stores are no longer selling chicks this time of year. Is there anything I can do to keep the chick comfortable until some more hatch out?
If you can't get any chicks anywhere it might not happen. The chick will be happy to visit you for company though. If the ducks are due to hatch soon, then after they are dry I would put the chick in with them. That's the best solution for now. I hope the chick does well!

Back
Top Bottom