Single duckling! New owner needs advice!

So I have a new problem. My little one doesn't seem to like her pellets anymore. I've tried changing it out with a fresh cup, but still nothing. I know it's not her appetite, because she'll eat anything I give her, especially tomatoes and mealworms.
Is she just being picky? I've tried soaking them for her and making them soft, but she still won't eat. She'll nibble here and there, but that's it.
And it seems like she's so hungry! She'll try to swallow my finger whole when I pet her.
I don't know what's wrong or what to do.
Any tips??

She was eating them like crazy before.

Last edited:
So I have a new problem. My little one doesn't seem to like her pellets anymore. I've tried changing it out with a fresh cup, but still nothing. I know it's not her appetite, because she'll eat anything I give her, especially tomatoes and mealworms.
Is she just being picky? I've tried soaking them for her and making them soft, but she still won't eat. She'll nibble here and there, but that's it.
And it seems like she's so hungry! She'll try to swallow my finger whole when I pet her.
I don't know what's wrong or what to do.
Any tips??

She was eating them like crazy before.
Not sure how old she is but maybe they are too big for her to eat. young ducklings do better with crumble, and then again if you feed a lot of treats she maybe spoiled and holding out for the treats, if she is looking healthy and acting healthy, try mixing some meal worms and tomatoes in with her feed just a small amt. though and as she begins to eat her feed again gradually add less and less of the treats till she is eating only the feed then slowly offer small amts of treats. they can get spoiled pretty easy. Mine get their treats once a day in the afternoon the rest of the day they only get their feed or forage. and mine are spoiled too.

Back
Top Bottom