Single Favorite Breed

Sumatras: I love their alertness, body carriage, multiple spurs (mine aren't mean... yet), and I like "different" breeds.

I really like all that I raise, Moderns, OEG, Langshan, barred rock, my Rhode Island Red bantams, naked necks, wyandotte, white cornish bantam.... but if I could only have one breed and no others it would be the quail belgian bearded d'anver. They are by far the most personable birds I've had in the 20+ years I've raised them. Ask anyone who has ever raised them and they will say how great they are.
big_smile.png

Ohhhh! This is torture! I want to get more breeds, but I don't have the space, so I just have to hear about everyone's different kinds!!! (Sorry to whine!)
barnie.gif
droolin.gif

Standard cochins are amazing. They are big, loveable and comical. They come is a wide selections of colors. They can be stately one moment and have you laughing till you cry the next.

I have quite a few different breeds. I really like the games, but I also like the white plymmouth rocks. The roos are gorgeous and the hens are great layers.

I enjoy the giant cochins, the Polish, especially the roos and the silkies.

Besides the chickens I REALLY enjoy the Guinea fowl. They are comical.

Easter Eggers, Cochins and Silkies are equal favorites here.

I love the EEs curiosity, antics, colors and blue/green eggs. The Cochins size, fluffiness and friendliness makes them a must have for us. And Silkies are just so doofy, soft and adorable I just have to have all the colors!!

ETA: Oopsie, I forgot all about my Mille Fleur d'Uccles! Shame on me, don't know how I forgot them...they are definitely my favorite...I have 2 young pullets that are the sweetest creatures. They talk to me when I call their names, are never flighty and actually like to be held.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom