Single Quail :(

Livvy0987

Songster
Oct 13, 2020
Colorado
I had 2 button quail chicks and one passed yesterday. Does anyone know a good place to buy quail in North America (around the four corners). I was also wondering if the button and Coturnix quail can be homed together?

I had 2 button quail chicks and one passed yesterday. Does anyone know a good place to buy quail in North America (around the four corners). I was also wondering if the button and Coturnix quail can be homed together?
Are you able to incubate eggs? I think that might be your best option. I think button chicks are far too sensitive to be shipped. If you can incubate and hatch your own, there are hatcheries that ship them.

I am able to incubate eggs, but this little quail seems very down and lonely, It calls for the dead chick all the time. It is very cold where I am and I don't think they will come soon enough. If I could house Coturnix and buttons together I could check craigslist for some Coturnix. By the time I would get my hands on button quail, my quail would already be an adult.

I am able to incubate eggs, but this little quail seems very down and lonely, It calls for the dead chick all the time. It is very cold where I am and I don't think they will come soon enough. If I could house Coturnix and buttons together I could check craigslist for some Coturnix. By the time I would get my hands on button quail, my quail would already be an adult.
I believe you could put a younger cot that’s the same size in, but it will just buy you time. After a couple weeks the cot will be too big, and they can’t live together as adults as far as I know. Then what would you do with the cot? You can try posting in your state thread on this site, maybe someone can help you.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to 'advertise' but there's an awesome breeder in AZ that sold me eggs (I thought they were near me but they weren't, whoops) and they shipped them across the country and no eggs were broken, they even sent double for the long journey- I ordered 12 got 28!!! If someone can tell me the rules about putting a link to their website that would be stellar. How old is the bird? Poor thing :(

-the minimum egg order is 12 or so I believe but it may have changed so if you don't want that many then I would search on ebay, it might be worth a shot.

Thank you, I have seen people put links in here before. The bird hatched on October 4th. Thank you so much for your help. When it all of this snow goes away i may try to order.

Back
Top Bottom