Sinus infection

KentuckyRooster

Songster
5 Years
Jul 12, 2017
Kentucky
So I have a serama cock with this-

IMG_20180407_224221.jpg

I think I'm going to ask my vet to exise it but it won't be cheap. Is there anything else I can do for him for now?

I believe it has thick cheesy pus in it. Won't come through a needle hole, I tried that. I have baytril on hand I can give him.

Great he's on his way to recovery!

Years ago I used Vet RX in the water for a hen I purchased that started sneezing. It smelled like a menthol & was oily; so the Vet RX floated on the top of the water so when the chicken dipped in to get a drink, the oil would get on the beak & be breathed in. It worked like a Vicks vapor rub kind of thing to help clear respiratory issues. Best wishes.

I put some on his face to hopefully ease his breathing. But I don't think vet RX alone will be enough for this nasty lil puss pocket! He actually sounds OK when he breathes he just has this abscess in his sinus. Given to me by a friend who breeds top notch serama to patch up- I'm in love w him lol.

When he's well he's going to make a heckova bird.

Have you looked up inside his beak for pus in the roof of his mouth? Some have said here that you can push some of the pus up and out that way. Pus in the sinuses can be a sign of MG (mycoplasma) or coryza (if he smells bad.) I hope you can help him get over this, but it can be a chronic disease.

Have you looked up inside his beak for pus in the roof of his mouth? Some have said here that you can push some of the pus up and out that way. Pus in the sinuses can be a sign of MG (mycoplasma) or coryza (if he smells bad.) I hope you can help him get over this, but it can be a chronic disease.

No pus in the mouth and he's odor free. He's active and such so I'm inclined toward a simple abscess from an irritant but I will definitely watch for signs of mg

Back
Top Bottom