Sister Site Navigation

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We've gone ahead and made it easier to navigate between the sister sites. At the very bottom of each site you'll see:

| BackYardChickens.com | TheEasyGarden.com | SufficienSelf.com | BackYardCows.com |

We hope that makes it easier to get to the different sites very easily without causing discruption during regular site browsing.

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Wow, Thanks Nifty!! Thats....well...a "nifty idea" [​IMG] Sure will be alot easier to go from one to the other. As my grandson says... " You so smart"

3. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Um, Nifty, don't shoot the messenger....but....SufficientSelf.com is misspelled in the new navigation bar. It's missing a "t". It wants it back. Please. [​IMG]

Sorry, I am a technical editor--while I don't make a habit of proofing things online (which you will notice if you ever read any of my posts--I'm darn sure not proofing those and am very comfy with my typos, thanks [​IMG]) some things jump out at me.

I am very happy to see the new navigation bar though, it makes my life a lot easier! [​IMG]

4. Nifty-Chicken

Quote:I never shoot messengers that bring helpful information in all of its forms (critical or otherwise).

This has been fixed. I'm glad I did a global footer include so I changed it in one spot and it got changed through all the sites... phew! A little extra work in the beginning can really save time later on.

5. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    [​IMG]

Wow, that was fast! Thanks for putting my OCD at rest. I can go to bed now. [​IMG]

6. Nifty-Chicken

Quote:It would have been much faster if Terrie hadn't made me take a 12 minutes and 41 second break from the computer right after you posted!

7. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Nifty, are these forums created entirely in HTML by you?? No premade forms and such provided by the server? Just all straight html?

8. Nifty-Chicken

Quote:Oh gosh no!!! I use the punbb forum software that I install manually on multiple hosting accounts on my server... and then I hack and modify the snot out of each install! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by