Site Suggestion: "View all pics in Thread"

rotagen

Chirping
Dec 17, 2019
OK Please let me know if I missed it, but it seems BYC forums have no option to view all the pics in a thread, in gallery format. I was a frequent visitor of the RC forums (radio control planes) in the past and this is one option they always had which kept me on their site much longer.

I can't count the times I used this feature to see how a plane was constructed, etc. and it would be real nice if I could scroll through pics of folks' birds , etc., more quickly.

Chime in if you agree this is needed...or just gimme a clue if I missed it, thanks!...Usually the "view all pics in thread" button appears when you open a pic...thanks again.

That's something we'd need to get a custom add-on made to do. It was a feature on the pre May 2017 version of the site, but the current software doesn't have it. We were considering having the add-on made, but a lot of BYC visitors are on mobile devices, and having that feature might not provide a lot of benefit to mobile users.

It'd be an easier decision if there were already an add-on that would do the job, as then it'd be much simpler to add the feature. Also, it's probably only worth it to get a custom add-on made if it is a widely wanted feature, so we need to make sure that there is enough interest first.

Back
Top Bottom