Site viewing, often in articles, is unnecessarily slow and frustrating.

Well being 16 it takes more than that to keep her butt off the couch. LOL but at least she’s reading books. And it does keep her in the chicken coop More often because that’s where we get the best service.
I used to read to my daughters. Now they hardly read at all. Everything is on a mobile phone. I realise that things change and I'm very old school but the reduction of book reading in the young, and not so young seems a terrible shame.

You are so correct. She had a project about Japan in ninth grade. She was so mad because I made her use books from the library to research it instead of going online at the library like everyone else. One day she will thank me for that. I am also very old school even though I’m only 35 years old. Things change but it would be nice if the Internet could be a helpful tool instead of one of the only options used. People twice my age are light years ahead of me when it comes to technology

I have 3 girls, all grown now unfortunately, but we were fortunate enough to instill in them the importance as well as the pleasure of reading real books. More importantly because books can't be altered to reflect current poitical correctness. We have thousands of books some many many decades old whether fiction or fact, they can't be edited, they tell their stories as they were meant to be told and not what the young are programmed to believe!

I have 3 girls, all grown now unfortunately, but we were fortunate enough to instill in them the importance as well as the pleasure of reading real books. More importantly because books can't be altered to reflect current poitical correctness. We have thousands of books some many many decades old whether fiction or fact, they can't be edited, they tell their stories as they were meant to be told and not how the young are programmed to believe!
Real books :love:love:love

That's about it for me for the day.
I've got two hens to patch up; they've been fighting and their combs are a bit bloody.
Honestly, one of them is nine years old. One would have thought she would have mellowed a bit in her old age.:rolleyes::lol:
Good night.

Back
Top Bottom