Site viewing, often in articles, is unnecessarily slow and frustrating.

Discussion in 'Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Shadrach, Oct 4, 2018.

1. casportpony

casportpony Enlightened

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Thanks, I learned something new!

Shadrach and WVduckchick like this.
  2. Shadrach

Shadrach Roosterist

Jul 31, 2018
    Catalonia, Spain
    My Coop
    You’ll doubtless be pleased to hear the trench is dug, the cable laid and I’m all wired up for the Internet experience in my house.
    Just needed to clean the chicken poop off the keyboard, find a Linux operating system I could live with to replace my lightning fast micropoop doors XP and woahhhh, I can read the articles; that is if young Treacle will stop pecking at the keyboard.
    Of course, there are some limitations due to the smoke signal net, but hey, the machine can handle what the wire can’t as long as the power cuts get sorted.
    So, I have got a small list of articles that run slow which, when I can retrieve the files I burnt on the laptop while changing the OS so many times, I shall post here.:caf

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Bird is the word

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    I will be waiting to hear which is faster...smoke signals or cable. :gig

But seriously, good luck, I am happy for you!! :thumbsup

KikisGirls, Shadrach and casportpony like this.
  4. PouleChick

PouleChick Crowing

Apr 6, 2016
    SW France
    Seriously wipe Windows on your laptop and install Linux you'll be amazed at the speed even an old machine will kick out once you get rid of windows. DH fixes a lot of peoples computers and people who have no money to replace laptops and they are all blown away by the speed once you have Linux. Not to mention you dont' get viruses! Been using it for probably 15 years now and while there is the odd niglge here and there I'd never go back!
    I'm hearing you :love:love:clap
    Nor me :(:barnie:he

Shadrach, KikisGirls and casportpony like this.
  5. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Woot! Congrats Mr. Digger.

Shadrach and casportpony like this.
  6. casportpony

casportpony Enlightened

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I prefer the large images except when someone decides to post 50 at a time. :th

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: