Six month old White Leghorn Broddy Hen

flockkepper

Hatching
6 Years
May 24, 2013
Wow I have asked several oldtimers around here in Tn and they can't believe that my six month old Leghorn is sitting ( This is day 8)
She looks like she is stunned herself. But it's true. I have been taking her out food & water. This is all new to me. Should I move her? I have 9 other hens and a rooster who all share the house. Also I have a fan in the henhouse will that be a problem? We are expecting another long hot spell starting this week in the mid 90's. I hate for her or the others to get to hot.

Wow I have asked several oldtimers around here in Tn and they can't believe that my six month old Leghorn is sitting ( This is day 8)
She looks like she is stunned herself. But it's true. I have been taking her out food & water. This is all new to me. Should I move her? I have 9 other hens and a rooster who all share the house. Also I have a fan in the henhouse will that be a problem? We are expecting another long hot spell starting this week in the mid 90's. I hate for her or the others to get to hot.

I believe it. I had one that has gone broody two times already. I got 6 in march. At first i thought i lost one to something that was hungry for chicken. Then out of the blue i would see all six again, next day only 5. I finally figured out what the one looked like that kept going missing. I followed her around the yard and found her nest. Her only cover was a large wild rhubarb leaf. Second time i found her in an old building.

Back
Top Bottom