Six-week old Bantam Easter Egger: Pullet or Roo?

Dogsandchicks27

In the Brooder
May 29, 2017
Gainesville, FL
Hi All, I'm beginning to suspect my six-week easter Egger bantam may be a roo - what do you think? I tried to get some decent pics, but had a hard time. You can also see my other chicks - it's my first time with all of this - and I love them!

Attachments

• IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    563 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    608.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    595.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    609.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    478.1 KB · Views: 20
With EEs there are some general rules but some people have been fooled into thinking their bird was turning out to be a cockerel when in fact it was a pullet. All I'm saying is don't rehome (if that's what you would need to do) until you are absolutely sure.

One thing to look out for is it developing dark red patches on its wings - darker in contrast to the rest of its colouring. It's looking pretty even colour-wise at the moment but I'd give it a couple more weeks to feather out more.

With EEs there are some general rules but some people have been fooled into thinking their bird was turning out to be a cockerel when in fact it was a pullet. All I'm saying is don't rehome (if that's what you would need to do) until you are absolutely sure.

One thing to look out for is it developing dark red patches on its wings - darker in contrast to the rest of its colouring. It's looking pretty even colour-wise at the moment but I'd give it a couple more weeks to feather out more.
Thanks for the thorough advice. I keep hoping "she'll" be a pullet! It seems EEs are pretty hard to tell from what I've been reading. I guess we'll have to wait and see. :)

Back
Top Bottom