SIZ8003 --Sara - we had one make it!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by TerriLaChicks, Oct 29, 2008.

1. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    In spite of the Post office delays & everything else, we did have one baby make it!
    Meet Birdie, our chick from your black copper Marans girl--& thank her for us; hug her for us-this is the sweetest baby girlchick in the whole world! (well, we're sending 'girl' vibes, anyway!)
    She hopefully will have companions this coming weekend when the marans/wels eggs from Anissa hatch; in the meantime, every time she hears my voice, I hear "WHEEP!! WHEEP!!! WHEEP!!!" & have to run & get her & hold her & tuck her in my pocket.
    She's not spoiled, no, not one bit.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  2. scrapmom5

scrapmom5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Utah
    Ohhh...how cute!

I can't wait for our little ones from siz to hatch (Nov 12ish) I actually get to candle on Friday. I can't wait.

You have an absolutely adorable chick!

3. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Sara has beautiful chickens & this is the healthiest little chick--she pipped, zipped & busted out of her egg in less than 10 minutes!

my whole family, including my Mom, who is 76, got to watch & cheer her on--it was much better than whatever was on TV.

I had incubator issues w/the whole thing in addition to post office issues; but this was worth it! I did have fully formed but unhatched, unpipped eggs (opened them tonight) so it wasn't the fertility of the eggs or anything - it was my incubator humidity & temps - again. I am praying hard for my Myrtle to go broody for me next spring, or else I'll be buying silkies, no kidding.

Thank you again, Sara, you are so special!

4. Heather J

Heather J Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Oh, I hope my babies are as cute as yours. I have 5 of siz's marans and 3 of her EE eggs in the hatcher right now!

5. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    [​IMG] glad one made it!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by