size: Easter Egger vs Rhode Island Red

karabeth05

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2020
I'm curious how the size of EE hens compare to RIR hens, does anyone happen to have both and can share a comparison pic? Or have experience with both?

Backstory: a friend has several month old RIRs and I have baby EEs and am hoping they aren't that large in a few months šŸ˜¬ šŸ˜†

Iā€™m really not sure how big theyā€™ll be but I thought it was interesting because I have Easter Egger/Rhode Island red crosses that are 6 weeks today šŸ˜‰

Hm well maybe yours are an average size of the two then so that should either be the lower end or higher end for mine? šŸ¤” hahaha

An Easter Egger is a chicken that contains the blue egg gene, but isn't any particular breed. In other words, it could be a mix of breeds, and your bird could have some Rhode Island Red in it. I have a flock of EE, and some are bigger than others. There's no telling what they might be. One of mine is even quite small and I suspect she might be part Bantam of some kind. But they're all beautiful! ā¤

An Easter Egger is a chicken that contains the blue egg gene, but isn't any particular breed. In other words, it could be a mix of breeds, and your bird could have some Rhode Island Red in it. I have a flock of EE, and some are bigger than others. There's no telling what they might be. One of mine is even quite small and I suspect she might be part Bantam of some kind. But they're all beautiful! ā¤

Ah ok, that's helpful, thank you. I knew they were mutts, but I was under the impression they were kind of a standard mutt. We live in town and just have relatively limited space for them in the back yard so I'm hoping šŸ¤žšŸ¤ž they're not on the larger side.

Most of ours are about the same size right now (a little over two weeks old) with some slight variation, but we have one little one who had pasty butt in the early days so I think her growth was a little stunted. She's active and happy though. :love

Back
Top Bottom