sizzle, frizzle, and frazzle???

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Missouri chick, Nov 1, 2008.

1. ruthless

ruthless Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Mount Vernon, Mo
  2. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have started a sizzles breeders list at the hatcheries and breeders forum here at byc. If you breed sizzles and sell birds or eggs, go add your name and/or pics of your birds to this list. Help others who might want to own some sizzles.
    Thanks

3. JP101010

JP101010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Can anyone tell me whether my Millie is a frizzle , Sizzle or Frazzle ( [​IMG] Say that 10x fast) She has brittle feathers , most of the time her wings consist of long white tubes with just a bit of feather on the tip
    Also I am not sure what actual breed she is- unless just plain Frizzle is its own breed ?
    She has yellow non feathered feet and She is about the size of a small silkie hen- She lays small white eggs just like a silkie
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any advice is appreciated!

4. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    I dont know but she is beautiful!
    Quote:

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:She is a frizzled...something. Comb is right for a cochin, but they have feathered feet. Comb is wrong for a wyandotte, but that was my next guess. Do you have a photo that shows her body type?

6. JP101010

Oopps , I guess she does have feathered feet [​IMG]
    A Cochin?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Yes, a frizzled white cochin [​IMG]

8. JP101010

Thanks!
    Its interesting because we have a nice looking tiny bantam Cochin named Fernando

[​IMG]
    I would love to see what these two could make.. Black and white Frizzled Bantams ??

9. DirtCreature

DirtCreature Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Olympia, Washington
    [quoteThis is a photo of my Homozygous Sizzle (Frazzle or Curley) He is the product of a Frizzled Sizzle to a Frizzled Sizzle. This was an experiment out of necessity. I did not have a place for my single Sizzle hen. quote]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] cute!

10. spowell

spowell Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    Hi everybody.... I purchased "Sizzle" eggs, assuming they were silkies with the F gene. What I got was a coachin(sp?) frizzle x silkie. So the 3 chicks that hatched have pink skin, 4 toes and a orange beak. Can someone tell me if I breed that chick to a silkie and take the best offspring and breed back to another silkie how many generations could it possibly take to get all the silkie quality with the F gene? [​IMG] I'm still trying to figure all this out.... thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by