sizzles-slow to feather??

klf73

Mad Scientist
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
I have a few frizzles, and with my first hatch I have one that is slow to feather. I know some of the parent stock is cochinxsilkie. I just figure maybe this one was a bit slow. I hatched out some eggs(different stock) that were silkie hens and a sizzle roo. I have 3 frizzled chicks out of 9 that hatched. Are sizzles always slow to feather in??? Because they are way behind their cochin(first hatch) and silkie(second hatch) counterparts
idunno.gif

Krista

Yes, the brittle feather gene is a frizzle X frizzle(= frazzle). I know for a fact that this didn't happen. They are just feathering in slower, healthy feathers, but slowly
big_smile.png

Thanks
Krista

Last edited:
unfortunately not yet. I am soooo behind in the pic dept
tongue.png
. I need to take pics of my la fleche, appenzeller spitzhauben, I still owe Marie Martin pics of the babies I hatched, and I promised Harry I would post pics of the lav ameraucana and the lav/lav split EE I hatched from his eggs. I only have so much upload space and I keep filling it
hmm.png
. The younger 2 are in the Marie batch so I will try to get them soon.
Krista

Hi Krista! Didn't want to overwhelm you
smile.png
(what a list of neat birds).
Just curious if your 'slow feathering' was following the same patterns as my 'slow feathering'.
For a while I thought it was an issue that I kept my youngsters under lights too long. Not the case.
Just keep the blu-kote handy to spray on those slow-feathering ones.
Lisa

Back
Top Bottom