sizzles-slow to feather??

klf73

Mad Scientist
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
I have a few frizzles, and with my first hatch I have one that is slow to feather. I know some of the parent stock is cochinxsilkie. I just figure maybe this one was a bit slow. I hatched out some eggs(different stock) that were silkie hens and a sizzle roo. I have 3 frizzled chicks out of 9 that hatched. Are sizzles always slow to feather in??? Because they are way behind their cochin(first hatch) and silkie(second hatch) counterparts

Krista

klf73

Mad Scientist
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
Yes, the brittle feather gene is a frizzle X frizzle(= frazzle). I know for a fact that this didn't happen. They are just feathering in slower, healthy feathers, but slowly

Thanks
Krista

Last edited:

klf73

Mad Scientist
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
unfortunately not yet. I am soooo behind in the pic dept
. I need to take pics of my la fleche, appenzeller spitzhauben, I still owe Marie Martin pics of the babies I hatched, and I promised Harry I would post pics of the lav ameraucana and the lav/lav split EE I hatched from his eggs. I only have so much upload space and I keep filling it
. The younger 2 are in the Marie batch so I will try to get them soon.
Krista

Dipsy Doodle Doo

ODD BIRD
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Aiken, South Carolina 29801
My Coop
Hi Krista! Didn't want to overwhelm you
(what a list of neat birds).
Just curious if your 'slow feathering' was following the same patterns as my 'slow feathering'.
For a while I thought it was an issue that I kept my youngsters under lights too long. Not the case.
Just keep the blu-kote handy to spray on those slow-feathering ones.
Lisa

Top Bottom