Sizzles??????

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by sarahssizzles, Jan 17, 2009.

1. sarahssizzles

sarahssizzles Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2007
    Cave Creek
    [/In case you haven’t heard of them a Sizzle is a cross between a Silkie & a Frizzled Cochin. Here is the description I put on the Sizzle list
    “[I]This page is for enthusiasts of the new poultry breed called Sizzles. It is for the sharing of information, history and experiences in the breeding and raising of this new breed of chicken. The Sizzle is a cross between the Silkie & a Frizzled Cochin (or another Frizzled breed). It will have the crest, blue skin, five toes & comb of a Silkie with hard curly feathers. Basically following the Silkie standard but, with a different feather. They come in all the same colors and some of the non regulation colors also. Their temperments are usually the easy going temperments of the Silkies & the Cochins also[/I].”
    We as a group are expanding on that standard for our breed & hope to someday get them recognized as a breed

I’m starting my F4 generation this year. I raised over 200 chicks last year and ended up with 40 I considered good enough to breed this year. I’m hoping for a larger percentage of better birds this year. I would really love to find some others who have been breeding for awhile. I’d like to expand my gene pool & bring in some new genetics and perhaps share mine with someone who wants to do the same.

If you know of anyone who is interested in Sizzles I’d love to hear from them. They can reach me here or on the Sizzle list at [URL='http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sizzles/<br><br>SarahsSizzles']http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sizzles/

SarahsSizzles[/URL]

2. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Bought my first Sizzles today!

[​IMG]

3. sarahssizzles

sarahssizzles Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2007
    Cave Creek
    I hate to admit it but this system has me stumped for putting up pics! I'd love to put up some pics.

Love your babies! I can't wait for this years mob! But you can see some pics on the Sizzle list iyour interested!

Sarah

4. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Go to photobucket.com and upload your pics and then copy the IMG code under the pic and paste it here.

5. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

I have some as well but they should have black skin not blue.

6. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    ok if a frizzle and silkie X is a sizzle then what is a Serama Silkie X?

7. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Doesn't have a name that I know of; want to coin one? [​IMG]

8. Sonoran Silkies

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Hey Sarah, here's your photo of Boop.
    [​IMG]

Find the photo you want to include (it has to be stored on the internet somewhere), right click and select "copy image location." Then past that into your post, select the whole thing and press the IMG button.

9. Sonoran Silkies

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    ummm, that should have been "paste", not "past," lol

10. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    How cute!!!! I love the sizzles! I got two but planning on more this spring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by