Skin tear to chicken’s leg

Grayfeather22

In the Brooder
Jul 25, 2021
Help my chciken got a scrape/tear on one of her legs. How do i help her heal and how do i keep her from pecking at it? I hve applied terramycin but i need some kimd of barrier to keep her from picking at it. Thanks for your help.

Help my chciken got a scrape/tear on one of her legs. How do i help her heal and how do i keep her from pecking at it? I hve applied terramycin but i need some kimd of barrier to keep her from picking at it. Thanks for your help.
Sorry you haven't gotten a reply!

Do you have pics? Is she actively pecking at it?

Attachments

• 9A95639B-9668-4D60-B8AE-38C8A91B9C79.jpeg
    9A95639B-9668-4D60-B8AE-38C8A91B9C79.jpeg
    407.1 KB · Views: 2
Pictures of the actual injury would be better. The coband wrap is fine, just check regularly to make sure it's healing, change bandaging and wrap as needed to keep it clean and dry. Make sure there is no swelling and the wrap is not too tight. You can use plain neosporin, plain triple antibiotic ointment, or veterycin spray also on the wound.

Pictures of the actual injury would be better. The coband wrap is fine, just check regularly to make sure it's healing, change bandaging and wrap as needed to keep it clean and dry. Make sure there is no swelling and the wrap is not too tight. You can use plain neosporin, plain triple antibiotic ointment, or veterycin spray also on the wound.
Update,her leg healed well, but I continue to cover it because she pecks at it and re-injures herself. The terramycin worked great along with the coband she doesn’t seem to mind the dressing i change it once a day.

Back
Top Bottom