Skinny chicken

Jtfoster

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 20, 2013
Lakeland, FL
I have a RIR that is about 4 months old. She had a runny nose and a little bit of a wheeze. I had some respiratory issues with some of my younger pullets, gave them Tylan and cleared it right up, so that's what I decided to do for the older one. Well as I have been treating her, I realized she is very light, lighter than the 2 month old leghorn I have. I've noticed that she is a little slower than she was and is sitting a lot. I figured the sitting was maybe her getting ready to start laying...she seems to like to sit over areas where there are white rocks that look like eggs. So essentially I don't know what is going on or what I should do to help her. Is she too young for worms to possibly be the issue? She has also stopped roosting. She still goes up into the coop, just doesn't roost...she's also always the last in at night. She seems to be eating and drinking.

I would recommend worming her...

I've only just started raising chicks two weeks ago for the first time, but one of my beautiful chicks wasn't well a few days after purchase. I fed her ground raw oatmeal, scrambled eggs and runny oatmeal. It made her a lot better and now she's the biggest and healthiest of my three. Hope this helped, and good luck.

So is there any definitive answer to what is the best wormer? I've tried to find it here but I can't seem to find a consensus.

Back
Top Bottom