Skittish Blue Azure

JimmyMatou

Hatching
Aug 9, 2020
I have three 18week old Blue Azure females. They are extremely skittish. Is this their temperament? I read they were ´docile’. ??

I got them when they were 6 weeks old. Very skittish then. They should start laying anytime now. Let’s see if that calms them somewhat. Thanks for your reply.

My azure blues are very skittish too. They're in their teenage phase. My other breeds werent as flighty though. Will see how they are when they start to lay. It's very hard finding info on this breed for some reason.

My azure blues are very skittish too. They're in their teenage phase. My other breeds werent as flighty though. Will see how they are when they start to lay. It's very hard finding info on this breed for some reason.
That is reassuring. Thanks! Does anyone know about their genetics? Info is indeed hard to find.

You could spend some time with them ... Just grab a stool & sit in the coop/run with them. Put some treats in a container, shake and put some on the ground. Then as they get used to that, put some closer to you and don't make any sudden moves while in there.

I've enjoyed my time sitting with mine, relaxing and you get to learn their different personalities. It takes time but I found it relaxing for me

Back
Top Bottom