skunk? in the day?

ShrekDawg

You are loved.
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 18, 2008
SE Massachusetts
This is pretty random but so we just dropped our dog off at the kennel and came home to drop eggs (saddly not fresh D:) off for my brother and then are going to NH.

Well, I was sitting in the car and I just saw a freaking huge skunk running across the lawn!! It went right along the woods and up the hill then no clue where it went.

I thought it was interesting causes I've never seen one here (though our old dog got sprayed plenty lol) but like.... Is this normal?

It's 8:50am here and this was maybe 10? 20? mins ago? Still morning but also not early early morning. But it wasn't like it was in the wide open or anything. But still.

But now I worry too cause I wanted to put the coop right at the top of the hill. Maybe not.

I just told my mom and she thinks it's bad and it must be rabid but I don't think so? Idk, it is the day but it's not like it was just sitting in the open.

This is pretty random but so we just dropped our dog off at the kennel and came home to drop eggs (saddly not fresh D:) off for my brother and then are going to NH.

Well, I was sitting in the car and I just saw a freaking huge skunk running across the lawn!! It went right along the woods and up the hill then no clue where it went.

I thought it was interesting causes I've never seen one here (though our old dog got sprayed plenty lol) but like.... Is this normal?

It's 8:50am here and this was maybe 10? 20? mins ago? Still morning but also not early early morning. But it wasn't like it was in the wide open or anything. But still.

But now I worry too cause I wanted to put the coop right at the top of the hill. Maybe not.

I found a whole den of skunks last Friday week, less the mommy skunk. The den contained 4 precious baby skunks. The cute little buggers were just learning to walk good. I saved them the trouble of learning anything more. Scout the edge of the woodlot for a ground hog or woodchucks' hole and I'll bet you that you'll solve the mystery of the vanishing pole cat. Just look for a hole that's been worn slick from something about the size of your mother's kitchen mop running in and out of it.

Aw sounds sad at first but I suppose that's what you have to do cause they are a threat, right? Anyways, thanks for the tip! That's a great idea! I never thought to look for a hole or anything. I'll have to do that tomorrow. I wonder though if he lives up there or if he just went into the woods and I lost sight of him? Either way though, that's way too close.

Back
Top Bottom