Skunks...

Ugly Cowboy

Songster
11 Years
Apr 25, 2008
Corn, OK
If ya ever see a skunk in the coop...

NEVER shoot it while its inside the coop. It smells horrible, gets all over your poultry, and if ya miss once cuz the flashlight ya duct-taped to your gun keeps goin on and off every time ya shoulder it, you'll blow a whole right thru the coop.

Make sure ya look behind ya once or twice, there was a huge skunk behind me and I scared it when I shot the other one... Need I say more?
sickbyc.gif

Make sure, if ya do shoot it while inside the coop, ya kill it before it gets to its crawl hole, or its hell to try to get it outta there.

And last but not least, make sure when ya go out there in the middle of the night, especially if ya got guests, to get fully dressed before runnin out there. I woke up and herd a bunch of strange noises in the coop so I jumped outta bed, grabbed my gun and ran. Well, when I got back, my Nana (who was stayin over for a while) was standin at the back door and there I was, buck naked in front of God and everybody. Lord, not a good night.

Well, on a good note, my chickens are all ok, they smell BAD, but they aint dead.

By the way, anyone know anyway to get rid of skunk smell? I aint found out yet, and I really stink LOL!

lau.gif
I'm sorry, but that is just too funny!!!

Just so you know, tomato juice kills the skunk smell so take you a bath in that. I have no idea what to do about the birds or coop. That is another problem all together!
Best of luck and thanks for the laugh and advice!
big_smile.png

This takes the smell of skunk out of my dogs.

Mix 1 quart of peroxide
2 tsp of Dawn dishwashing liquid
1/3 cup baking soda

Pour over the critter and massage in. Let set for a couple of minutes and then rinse well

My husband got an indirect hit this morning when he was trying to let a skunk out of the live trap. He said that's the last time he'll be nice....next time it's the 22.

Last edited:
lau.gif
gig.gif
Oh sorry.
hmm.png
Ok, no I'm not....
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
that's just too funny.

Pet stores have some great stuff that takes out skunk smell and is usually very effective. I can't remember the name but the store would probably know.

Quote:
Oh, I forgot about that stuff. I have seen it in the pet store here. I don't know why I didn't think of that.
hmm.png
Maybe that will take care of it. I've never had the pleasure of having to deal with skunk spray myself, Thank Goodness!!!! The tomato juice was something I read once, glad to know it does not work so well. Will file that away in case of future need
wink.png

Quote:
Ok, I'll try that, on myself and every last one of my 100+ chickens! Boy, tomorrows gonna be interestin...
wee.gif

P.S. Thanks for the advice yall!

Last edited:
Skunks 101 huh!?! Hey I feel for ya! I've shot 2 in the barn over the last couple years and I can still smell it. I'll have to try one of these remedies here. Thanks for the laugh!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom