Sleeping question

abgraves69

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 6, 2014
FL
So, my Cochin chicks seem so happy and healthy. I just had a question about sleeping. One of them will start to nod off and then he shakes his head and starts to nod off again. Sometimes he opens his mouth wide after shaking his head. It kind of reminds me of when a little kid nods off and finally realizes that he doesn't want to go to sleep. They are eating and drinking fine and I doubt it's a problem, but just checking to see if this normal behavior.

When I have chicks they do act like children, always falling asleep , waking me up bright and early :caf , making messes and getting into trouble :rant . Chickens are hard work but worth it :jumpy :cd

So, my Cochin chicks seem so happy and healthy. I just had a question about sleeping. One of them will start to nod off and then he shakes his head and starts to nod off again. Sometimes he opens his mouth wide after shaking his head. It kind of reminds me of when a little kid nods off and finally realizes that he doesn't want to go to sleep. They are eating and drinking fine and I doubt it's a problem, but just checking to see if this normal behavior.
That's what mine does..lol That never bothered me, but the first time I found my chick face planted in the shavings my heart dropped! Thought she died. She's almost 4 weeks now and she still scares me in some of the looking dead positions I find her in...lol After reading some threads and finding that they basically simulate a narcoleptic and just sprawl any ole way, I was relieved.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom