Sleeping question

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by abgraves69, Oct 11, 2014.

1. abgraves69

abgraves69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2014
    FL
    So, my Cochin chicks seem so happy and healthy. I just had a question about sleeping. One of them will start to nod off and then he shakes his head and starts to nod off again. Sometimes he opens his mouth wide after shaking his head. It kind of reminds me of when a little kid nods off and finally realizes that he doesn't want to go to sleep. They are eating and drinking fine and I doubt it's a problem, but just checking to see if this normal behavior.

2. Thejperez

Thejperez Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2014
    Florida
    When I have chicks they do act like children, always falling asleep , waking me up bright and early :caf , making messes and getting into trouble :rant . Chickens are hard work but worth it :jumpy :cd

3. abgraves69

abgraves69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2014
    FL
    So worth it.

4. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    That's what mine does..lol That never bothered me, but the first time I found my chick face planted in the shavings my heart dropped! Thought she died. She's almost 4 weeks now and she still scares me in some of the looking dead positions I find her in...lol After reading some threads and finding that they basically simulate a narcoleptic and just sprawl any ole way, I was relieved. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by