sleeping

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by the3ofus+oursixchicks, May 30, 2011.

1. the3ofus+oursixchicks

the3ofus+oursixchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    alabama
    [​IMG] i have 3 around 7 or 8 week old chicks and they really want to sleep on top of the chicken house. is this ok for them? the top of it is tin we live in alabama and its not that cool at night now. i didnt know about the dew falling and them just being out in the night air CRAZY HUH?? any suggestions? i had been taking them down and putting them in their little place to sleep. i have 3 biggger ones in the chicken house but they are mean to them so i dont know if they can sleep together or not. so the 3 little ones are on top and the 3 big ones get the inside. help!!!

2. buckboy101

buckboy101 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    I suggest you keep doing what your doing by taking them off and soon it will become a habit for them to stay in the coop

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'm not sure how your coop is set up, but sleeping on top of the coop may make them more vulnerable to predator attack.

4. viktoriacl

viktoriacl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    I posted just after you. Mine are the opposite! Big girls up and babies down. Too funny.

5. the3ofus+oursixchicks

the3ofus+oursixchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    alabama
    THANKS! my coop is completely closed in with chicken wir from top to bottom.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by